A Chiropractic Approach to MRI Utilization and Interpretation
Carolina Chiropractors welcomes Dr. James Demetrious — a nationally distinguished Chiropractic Orthopedic Diplomate.
He teaches advanced post-graduate chiropractic coursework throughout the US on behalf of the NCMIC Speakers Bureau and through his online continuing education company, PostGradDC.com. He also teaches coursework on behalf of Northeast College of Health Sciences. Dr. Demetrious is a published author and serves as an editorial reviewer on behalf of the journals: Spine, Annals of Internal Medicine and Clinical Anatomy. He conducts a private practice in Wilmington, North Carolina.
- Hours: 8 CE Hours (50-minute hours)
- Course Description:
- James Demetrious offers an evidence-based, comprehensive course related to a chiropractic approach to order and interpret MRI studies.
- Hourly Breakdown:
- Hour 1 – Reviewing imaging appropriateness criteria
- Hour 2 – Basic MRI physics and sequences
- Hour 3 – The Chiropractic Subluxation on MRI
- Hour 4 – Soft tissues on MRI
- Hour 5 – The IVD, the vertebral body and Modic changes
- Hour 6 – The posterior joints, paraspinal mm., canal/neuroforamina, extra-vertebral findings
- Hour 7 – Radiculopathy and myelopathy on MRI
- Hour 8 – Instructive cases
- Learning Objectives:
- Attendees will better understand the indications for MRI assessment.
- Attendees will improve their ability to interpret radiology reports and MRI images.
- Attendees will gain insight into how to utilize the information gleaned from MRI studies on behalf of their chiropractic patients.